Claiming Housing Benefit

To claim housing benefit, the person must be responsible for paying the rent.

Anyone who has capital over £16,000 will be disqualified from housing benefit.

There are special rules for people in board and lodgings and hostels, people in private residential care and nursing homes, people who have two homes or are temporarily away from home, people who live in someone else's home and students.

Housing Benefit Application Forms are now completed online. Please follow the 'Online Resource' link below in order to create a 'MyHarrow' account so that you can complete your application.


 Online Resource