• Claiming Housing Benefit

    To claim housing benefit, the person must be responsible for paying the rent.

    Anyone who has capital over £16,000 will be disqualified from housing benefit.

    There are special rules for people in board and lodgings and hostels, people in private residential care...

     Online Resource

  • Budgeting Loans

     You can apply for a Budgeting Loan if you or your partner are getting a low income benefit and need help buying things like furniture, clothes or certain expenses to do with living or working.

     Online Resource    Document Download  

  • St Luke's Hospice - Furniture Resource

    St Luke’s Hospice furniture shop in Kenton has a wide selection of good second hand furniture at affordable prices. The popularity of this shop means that the display changes daily, offering a constant stream of different styles and designs.

    Donations of furniture are always...

     Online Resource

  • School Distance Tool

    Home to schools distance tool

    Our distance calculator measures distances from your home to the nearest schools in your neighbourhood. Use this tool when making school place applications.

    Note: The tool measures straight line distances, not street based routes.

     Online Resource

  • Apply for School Places

    There are three kinds of applications you can make primary school, secondary school or faith school.
    What type of school do you want to apply to
    Primary school:

    You must apply for a primary school place if your child is born between 1...

     Online Resource